When I was in seventh grade, I got this crazy idea to list all my classmates on a sheet of paper (there were like 20 of us) and give the sheets out to each kid in class. I asked each one of them to describe the other 19 using only one word. I have no idea why I did this -- I think I was just interested in what everyone else thought of everyone else. Well, this girl in my class, Kerri Smedley, got super upset. She said I was mean and insensitive for doing this excercise (probably because people were putting mean words down for her description) and demanded I stop doing it. I still have the sheets I managed to collect--not sure why, I just thought they were cool.
At any rate, I was reading Joe's blog and he had this cool excercise which you describe someone in 5 words. It's called a Johari window. A Johari window is a metaphorical tool intended to help people better understand their interpersonal communication and relationships. It is used primarily in self-help groups and corporate settings as a heuristic exercise.I thought I'd give it a go. So if you want to describe me, click here: http://kevan.org/johari?name=mijoy. It will show me what others seem to think of me.
To tell me what you REALLY think of me, you can describe my faults here: http://kevan.org/nohari?name=mijoy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
http://kevan.org/johari?name=SVR
do mine! I have the nohari, too.
Michelle.
This is dealon.
I do not remember the 7th grade experiment with the list of names, but I demand to see the results! I'm not sure if I'm more interested in what I said about other people or what they said about me... Strange, because neither one matters.
Ah, Kerri Smedley. That's all I have to say about that.
Post a Comment