Gee darn. My hopes of selling these to pay for our new shower are now dashed.
Dear Friend,
Thank you for contacting my office regarding tickets to the Inaugural Ceremony of President-elect Barack Obama. Due to overwhelming interest in the 56th Inaugural Ceremony and the very low number of tickets (198) allocated to each congressional office by the Joint Congressional Committee on Inaugural Ceremonies, I regretfully inform you that we will be unable to fulfill your request for tickets to the ceremony.
While a ticket is required for the area on the National Mall designated for the swearing-in ceremony, other areas of the mall are open to the public and do not require tickets. Large video screens will be placed along the mall to view the event. There also are other opportunities, such as the Inaugural parade and various Inaugural balls, taking place and additional information for those events are available through the Presidential Joint Inaugural Committee’s Web site at inaugural.senate.gov. Unfortunately, House and Senate offices do not receive any distribution of tickets to these events.
Please do not hesitate to contact my office at any time if I may be of assistance to you in any way.
Best wishes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
The only way I'd go to the inauguration is if I had VIP seats and someone paid for my hotel and I didn't have to drive there.
It's going to snow. Mark my words.
Post a Comment