Sunday, September 19, 2004

Hand Me Downs and Halloween

Well, it's that time of year again. Halloween is approaching and all of the mothers out there are trying to find ways to reuse old costumes so they either don't have to spend money on new ones, or because they're too lazy to think of something creative. I'm sure you remember what that was like when you were a kid...

"Hey, Mommy! Can I be Cinderella for Halloween this year? Can I? Huh?"
"Um, darling... Mommy isn't sure how to make a Cinderella costume. But your brother has outgrown his Incredible Hulk costume from last year and I still have a lot of green paint. Why don't you just be the Hulk instead?"
"But MOOOOOOMMMMMMM"
"No buts!"

*sigh*

Some of my more memorable hand-me-downs were a Cheetah, an Army Soldier and a Bee Keeper. Don't ask me why we had an extra bee suit laying around. At any rate, probably the most used costume was a clown outfit my mother had made me. It managed to make the rounds with 4 different cousins over a period of about 6 years. Here are the photos to prove it:


No comments: