The First Time I Got Drunk
or
Ode to Bacardi 151
(Iambic Monologue)
I don’t think that I should be doing this.
My arm…up down, up down, roooo-bot, roooo-bot.
I’m fine – I need another shot. Up down…
I shouldn’t drink that. Didn’t you realize
I loved you then? I did, I did…I did
not put that glass on that table. I need
some more water and some white bread. Oh no!
My Mom! I need to call my Mom and tell
her drinking’s not as bad as she – she thinks.
Dizzy…dizzy…dizzy… got to go… slow
motion. You’re moving sloooooow. Why does my heart
beat loud? Did you know I can sing in French?
Frere Jacques…croissant…and Perrier!
My head is so dizzy…the phone! I should
answer it soon. I think I should not let
it ring so much…it hurts my ears. A lot
of rummm. Bacardi…yummm. Oh no! My glass
is getting low. I think…I need…to drink
some more. Tooooo drunk…toooo…can you tell if I’m
too drunk? But I can sing in French! I’m fine!
I need water… that doesn’t have Rufees
in it, does it? Because Rufees are bad.
I think…I need…to lie…right here…
This is a poem I wrote after getting drunk for the first time about 5 years ago. It's kind of sad that I didn't get drunk until I was 20 years old. The other thing that's kind of sad is the fact that this poem really sucked.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment