In the business that I'm in, I have to deal with all sorts of people with all different types of backgrounds. Not only do I have to submit people for clearances, but I have to counsel employees that get denied, I must inform employees when they fail polygraphs and I am responsible for reporting to the Defense Security Service every little thing that an employee does wrong. With this job, I learn very quickly that there are a lot of people out there that are unclearable. Which brings me to my recent revelation...
I bet only about 50% of our elected politicians could get a TS/SCI clearance and yet about 99% of them are privy to our nation's secrets. It doesn't make sense! Why do they get to have clearances just because they won a popularity contest? I think that after they are elected, all politicians should have to fill out an SF86, get fingerprinted and take a polygraph like the rest of our cleared citizens. And if they don't pass, they need to be kicked out of office.
Also, government contractors are required to drug test all incoming employees. Why aren't our politicians required to do the same? Why do congressmen and Presidents get to smoke crack on the job, but a Systems Analyst from SAIC can't?
I highly doubt if Bill Clinton or Marion Barry could pass a poly (or a drug test for that matter!)... but then again, I wonder what politician could?
No comments:
Post a Comment