Monday, May 15, 2006

Meet Bailey


This weekend, John and I picked up our new pooch, Bailey. We rescued him from Howard County Animal Shelter, in the depths of scary Maryland. So far, he's been really good with a few minor issues. He knows "sit", "down", "come", "stay" (sometimes), "out" (to drop a toy) and he's pretty good on leash. He's housebroken, crate trained (with coaxing), is great with kids, and doesn't bark. Sounds like a dream come true eh?

He is very HYPER. If we do not walk him and play with him a lot to tire him out, I can forsee him being a handful. But we've been doing pretty well with it so far (granted, it's only day 3). He has an interest in our cat, Dawn, but doesn't chase her or bark when he sees her. Our big task will be getting her to tolerate him.

He also goes ballistic around other dogs. I am enrolling him in a behavior class, so hopefully that will get better. Because we have so many friends with dogs, I want them to be able to play and get along.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Verrrryyyy Cuutte!

Miss Scarlet said...

Bailey is adorable! I'll come walk her!

Anonymous said...

So cute. Dog parks are the shit and if your dog misbehaves, the other does regulate. But be a mindful owner and know when to step in. I hate when other people don't watch their dog- Tango got attacked because of a careless owner. GRRRR. Good luck with your new baby! She'll settle down once she gets used to you, too.