I got promoted last week. Although my company has been preparing me for the past year to take over my current supervisor's position, I really didn't think it would actually happen. But it did. My new official title is Director, Corporate Security. I am really excited about the new role, but a little hesitant as well about all of the challenges that it will bring. It seems I will have pretty large shoes to fill, and for some reason I feel like I'm wearing a pair of those toddler Nikes with the velcro straps.
I also recently got elected as the Chapter Chair of my non-profit security organization as well. So this week I am flying up to New England for a Board of Directors meeting for my non-profit and am combining it with a security site visit for one of my offsites. I feel so... old.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Congratulations. Your company is very wise and they recognize a good person when they see one. Pat yourself on the back because you deserve it.
Post a Comment