I am so mad. I left work early today because of the weather. Jennifer called me right before and asked me to come get her because she almost got into an accident on the bridge and didnt want to drive home. So I left work to go get her and proceeded to get into an accident on the bridge. The bridge was a sheet of ice and this lady in front of me slammed on her breaks. I, in turn, slammed on my brakes. The anti-locks went on, but the car still slid...right into her. It was like ice skating with a Highlander and a Rav4. Ugh.
So we pulled into the police station (that happened to be right there) and the guy at the station told us it would be 4-5 hours before a cop could get to us (as they were all out at accident scenes!). So he gave us a report and we wrote up our own report and exchanged info. She was really nice -- if I was going to hit anyone, I was glad it was her.
So my car has like $4,000 worth of damage and I'm just really shook up right now. Sigh.
Stupid ice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm sorry Mich! That is horrible! Yeah the roads were crazy yesterday. I'm surprised I didn't hit/get hit either. Glad that you are OK though!
Thanks. :-(
Ou! That's ter'ble :( I'm glad you're awright.
Post a Comment