Sunday, September 07, 2008

Goals

My friend Henry sent me his lifetime goals today. I was so impressed with the idea, I asked him if I could post them here -- he said that was fine. Reading these goals really made me want to write my own, but I think I also want to include the goals I have already accomplished as well. What a great way to put one's life into perspective.

Henry's Personal Goals

Short- to mid-term

1) Complete Master’s degree in Applied Economics at Johns Hopkins
2) Fund scholarship for first-generation college students
3) Visit the Incan ruins of Machu Picchu with my Dad
4) Visit the Mayan ruins of Chichen Itza

Mid- to long-term

1) Attend a Summer Olympics
2) Attend a Winter Olympics
3) Live in South America for at least 2 years
4) Live in Asia for at least 2 years
5) Live in Africa for at least 2years
6) Live in France for at least 2years
7) Live in Spain / Portugal for at least 2years
8) Learn Spanish
9) Learn French
10) Teach a class in Finance / Economics
11) Visit Vancouver
12) Visit Bhutan
13) Marry the girl of my dreams
14) Walk on the Egyptian pyramids
15) Go sky-diving
16) Hike the Appalachian Trail from start to finish
17) Help a non-relative achieve one of his/her life ambitions
18) Work in a non-profit for at least 3 years in service to a cause I believe in
19) Write a book
20) See a polar bear in the wild
21) Witness a volcano erupt first-hand
22) See the stars miles from the nearest city / lights
23) Achieve financial independence by age 50
24) Start my own school
25) Hike the Columbia River gorge
26) Bike / hike across a country
27) To add to my list of ambitions and never complete the list

1 comment:

Miss Scarlet said...

Great idea!


But man oh man, Henry and I are SO different.