Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Random Quotes

As I was walking up the stair
I met a man who wasn't there.
He wasn't there again today.
I wish, I wish he'd stay away.
Hughes Mearns

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
John F. Kennedy

Do not condemn the man that cannot think or act as fast as you can, because there was a time when you could not do things as well as you can today.
Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

You have got to discover you, what you do, and trust it.
Barbra Streisand

Anyone who works is a fool. I don't work - I merely inflict myself upon the public.
Robert Morley

Courage is doing what you're afraid to do. There can be no courage unless you're scared.
Eddie Rickenbacker

You have to know how to accept rejection and reject acceptance.
Ray Bradbury

I've been trying for some time to develop a lifestyle that doesn't require my presence.
Gary Trudeau

Death ends a life, not a relationship.
Morrie Schwartz

A mind once stretched by a new idea never regains its original dimension.
Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.

Only in quiet waters do things mirror themselves undistorted. Only in a quiet mind is adequate perception of the world.
Hans Margolius

I don't believe that life is supposed to make you feel good, or make you feel miserable either. Life is just supposed to make you feel.
Gloria Naylor

Let us be grateful to people who make us happy: They are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.
Marcel Proust

The trouble with our times is that the future is not what it used to be.
Paul Valery

Costly thy habit [dress] as thy purse can buy; But not expressed in fancy - rich, not gaudy. For the apparel oft proclaims the man.
William Shakespeare

Click here for random quotes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die. "

~ Mel Brooks~