- On Friday, we had donuts and coffee in the break room with my department in honor of my big day. Got to chat with employees I have not yet met and hear stories of the "good ol' days" from employees that had been there 20+ years.
- Had lunch with John and two of my coworkers at Blue Water Grille.
- Had dinner with friends at Damon's in Chantilly that night. Rob gave me a 40 and beef jerky -- his gift of choice. Also in attendance were Julie, Delvaux, Gill, Jennifer, and Karsten came with his beautiful daughter Maggie.
- Saturday was spent at my parents where my mother gave me a beautiful skirt and the keys to the Corvette for a joyride through Middleburg. John and I left Bailey with her and toured my High School grounds and the Purcellville area. It had been years since I was on Snickersville Turnpike.
- Saturday night we went to Gabe and Shelly's to pick up the futon they were giving away. As we were leaving, Genevieve starting having a cow and screaming that she "wanted to go home with John." I told them that I was making chili and they were welcome to come over. An hour later we were breaking bread with the Butler family and their newest addition, Aubrey. We ended the night watching Tech win and trying to get the girls to sleep at a decent hour.
- Sunday morning was spent Wii hunting -- with no luck.
- Sunday night we went to Houlihans in Centreville (GREAT food) with my in-laws. They gave me an Excitation as a gift. If you haven't heard of it, you MUST take a peak on the website (www.excitations.com). Basically, you get a gift card and the option to choose one of many adventures in your local area. My package was the blue package which included hang gliding, a hot air balloon ride, racing, learning polo, and much more. Although I would love to take a hot air balloon ride, it is for 1 person only, and that is the type of thing I'd love to do with John. I am leaning more towards a one-on-one session with a famous makeup artist since all my friends tell me I always look like I never wear makeup (which I do!!)
Sunday, November 19, 2006
Birthday Recap.
Turns out, turning 28 aint all that bad. I had a great birthday weekend. Events were:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
looking like you nerver wear makeup is the goal, right? i mean, isn't the point of makeup to highlight one's natural beauty? What some would call "whatcha mamma gaveya"?
Post a Comment