Sunday, November 19, 2006

Wii Wii Wii all the way home...

Armed with the assurance from my husband that "the manufacturing process" allowed for a large distribution of Nintendo Wiis to the states, I went against my gut (and every article I've been reading) and decided not to pre-order one. So this morning wii got up at 8:00 and drove to Target to ensure that just in case there may be a line, I would be at the front.

We walked in to see a flurry of activity, with many people standing in line, holding tickets. But surely I didn't need a ticket??? So I asked a kid standing in line and he promptly told me that the tickets were given to the 69 people that camped out last night and there were no more left. "Good luck," he called after me as John and I walked out the door.

So we drove to Fair Lakes to check out the Toys R Us. Yup. About 100 people in line in front of the store. Across the street? About 100 people in line at Best Buy. So we went to Kmart in Chantilly as one last try. Although there was no line, there was a sign on the door that read, "No Wiis Available."

So, alas. My wait for the Wii must continue a little longer. And finally, I will be able to tell my husband, "I told you so" for once in my life.

1 comment:

Chief Jimbo said...

Oy! I was going to preorder one too, but I got an alert telling me that there were only going to be 45 pre-orders per store with a start date for accepting pre-orders. And low and behold, there were lines just to get one of these pre-order receipts that day. 'Tis Madness!

But I sooo want one. We can try to win one from Comedy Centrals Thanksgiving Wiikend Giveaway!