I was thinking about word usage today and how we tend to latch onto certain words and phrases for a short period of time and then suddenly let go of them. For instance, in the past 2 days, I've used the word "sellout" 3 times. I'm not really sure why that word entered into my vocabulary all of a sudden, but it did. It makes me think of little idioms that my friends and I would have with each other and then one day, they would mysterously die away. It's funny, because you can never quite pinpoint the day you started and the day you stopped using them-- but you definately (in horror) remember doing it. So in tribute to the dead idioms, I will attempt to list some of them:
- Wazzzzzup.
- Word.
- How YOU doin?
- Da Bomb.
- Talk to the hand!
- It's all good.
- My Bad!
- NOT!
- Barf me out to the max.
- Gag me with a spoon.
I'm ashamed to say I actually used these at one point in my life. I wonder how many more will come and go into my vocabulary?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment