Well, for the first time in 24 years, I managed to snag myself a ride on an Ambulance last night. We still don't really know what happened for sure, but for some reason, I had a sudden onset of lower abdominal pain around 9:30 last night. The pain was so bad, I was rolled in a ball on the floor screaming at the top of my lungs and unable to move or breathe. I must have said a million times I was going to die.
John called 911. As they were pulling me out of the house, I felt like I was on Desperate Housewives, as our neighbors were standing on the porch wondering what was going on.
The entire ride to the hospital, I felt like I was going to die. All I could do was scream, I was in so much pain. My pulse was 130, and I was hyperventalating pretty bad.
When I got to the hospital, they moved me onto the bed in the ER. It was a sudden movement which created a shooting pain throughout my whole body that caused me to scream one last time. Then just as quickly as it began, all my pain just stopped.
Odd.
They ran a million tests, and came to the conclusion that I either had a ruptured ovarian cyst or ovarian torsion. Although, if the ovary twists, it usually does not "untwist" itself. They said it's possible they may never know what happened. They sent me home at 1:30 AM.
I am exhausted mentally and physically and have been told to take it easy for the next few days. I start my new job on Tuesday -- I hope I can handle it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Holy Nuts! wow oh wow!
Post a Comment