Tuesday, October 05, 2004

The Broken Heart vs. The Bleeding Heart

Well, I have just finished watching the VEEP debates and I must say, that I think the best thing that could have happened during that debate is the fact that Cheney finally addressed Halliburton. As a die-hard right wing conservative, I will say with a heavy heart that even I started to believe all of the CRAP that the democrats have been spewing about Halliburton. I honestly even started to second guess my love for Cheney. However, when Cheney told the American public tonight to find the truth about Halliburton at www.factcheck.org, I jumped for joy. Finally! An independent third party site that addresses the actual FACTS behind Halliburton.

I got online immediately and for the next hour, I was not able to get on because the server was so bogged down. I am glad that there are other Americans out there seeking the truth as well.

I won't go into details about the rest of the debates or even politics in general, but I will say that I am glad that my faith in Cheney has been restored.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sadly, Cheny directed all of America to an anti-Bush site. Oh the importance of checking citations!

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/10/06/debate.website.ap/index.html

pasq242 said...

Ha ha, that's awesome.

I don't think I could say that I ever "loved" any politician-- I'm surprised at your choice of words. Politicians are duplicitous, pandering assholes; campaigns are based on (oft conflicting) promises that, thanks to a lack of attentiveness on the public's part, aren't followed through on. I don't get why people feel compelled to deify these douches just because they're at the helm.

That's not to say that some don't have charisma... I'm liberal, but my favorite president hands down was Regan. Despite pulling the typical shady BS, I still liked the codgy bastard.

Mijoy said...

Mikey, you're not a liberal. You don't care enough about politics to be liberal. I peg you as an Independent -- ESPECIALLY if you liked Reagan.