Ok, in typical Michelle fashion, I am officially bored of having a blog. Like everything else I attempt, once I realize that I am not perfect at something, I tend to quit doing it. There is something quite unappealing at being mediocre at everything. I will now attempt to list all of the things that I have started but then quit once I found out I sucked:
- Painting (anyone want some canvases and acrylics?)
- Cake making (I got about 100 Wilton tips)
- Poetry (I think I hit my peak 5 years ago with a poem about Mike in a cubicle making me feel like shit)
- Scrapbooking (I got as far as buying all the supplies, but never started a book)
- Acting (Got the lead in every play, then my freshman year of college was kicked out 2 days before opening night because of my lack of "maturity")
- Making this list (I have more, but I suck at thinking of more things)
Let's just hope my wife and child rearing skills don't poop out on me. I'd hate to have half of a marraige - or even worse, half of a kid.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
But you are excellent at making clay things- I have seen them.
I will happily unload you of your canvas and acrylics- I am mediocre at best, but painting is so relaxing. Plus friends always want to hang my stuff on their walls. Suckers.
What you described is the reason why I hate undertaking anything new: I invariably suck at it at the beginning. Instead of sticking with it until I improve, I get disheartened and usually quit.
I try to remind myself that stuff's always hard at the beginning; it's a universal trait. It doesn't mean you're a failure or you're mediocre; it just means you're new at it. I promise you, you're not going to find enjoyment in any pursuit if you hold yourself to such exacting standards. You gotta let yourself make the mistakes; everyone goes through it.
Besides, it's not like the blog is something that people have expectations of; no one's judging you. If people read it, fine. If not, fine. This is what you make it. I think you're an excellent writer and conversationalist; I know you've got a lot going on upstairs, and I've enjoyed reading your insights.
If you really don't want to keep it up, that's fine. But it certainly isn't due to a lack of ability on your part.
Anyone know where I can get a huge square canvas (9 square foot at least)?
Post a Comment