Sunday, June 19, 2005

People Actually Read This?!

Last night at Jamie's party, Gill and I had an interesting discussion about the fact that we are both ENTJ's and the fact that we are somewhat quiet when it comes to large groups. As extroverts, we were pondering why this was so. We came to the conclusion that we are both great at talking to people one-on-one and we are great at getting up on a stage and performing to "one" mass of anonymous people. But put us in the middle of a party, and we tend to freeze. So I got to thinking about this performing thing and how I don't mind spilling my guts to a mass of unidentified people, which brings me to a second conversation I had last night. I was talking to Rob and he was mentioning how he remembered reading my website that I made when John and I were first engaged. I was immediately horrified that not only Rob saw such an embarrassment of a site, but that he actually REMEMBERED it. Then it occurred to me that I often feel very uncomfortable when people are talking to me in person about my blog. My blog is merely a performance to a mass of unidentified people. Once those people identify themselves to me, I feel very self-conscious. You're not supposed to READ my blog! And if you do, you're supposed to pretend you haven't!

Don't ask me why I feel that way. Perhaps it's just another ENTJ mystery.

No comments: